Category: Productivity & Effectiveness
(5 von 100)
Why: I need to measure my professional potential.
Goal: meet a world-class high performers standard.
Action: Ask “Who needs my A-game?” to deliver your best.
3 Key Concepts
- Right attitude is at the base of every good habits.
- Immerse yourself in situation that you have to be good.
- Take sleep, exercise, nutrition more seriously.
6 Habits to effectively reach long-term success are
- Seek clarity: define Self, Social, Skill, Service, to start your day with clarity.
- Generate energy: make it your responsibility to bring joy to people.
- Raise Necessity: align your act and goal, make each effort personally meaningful to you.
- Increase Productivity: define BIG 5 moves that leads to key result.
- Develop Influence: strive to be a role model.
- Demonstrate Courage: honor a struggle as it is a part of your journey.
There are overwhelmingly many things that you could be doing “right.” So it seemed to me. Haaaaa
One common concept I found in each habit was “find your necessity”. Each practice has something to do with the “Because I must do it” attitude. If I dare to summarize the whole book in one sentence, it would be “Know your why in everything you do”.
And for those who felt overwhelmed like me reading this, let us start like what Brendon repeatedly said: “The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.”
Another key concept I found most practical is to take my health more seriously, including sleep and eat. He suggested that one should consult professionals to optimize these basic living habits. The more fundamental the habits are, the more impact it has on your life.
Goal check: I found out about how high overachievers set their bar ;p
( 4.5 / 5.0 )
Get this book on Amazon here!
Bonus: give yourself a performance check here